Sickle bar mowers
20-75 HP (15-56 KW)
540 rpm - Cat. 1 & 2
- 3 point linkage, cat. 1 & 2.
- Double action sickle bar.
- Single action hydraulic cylinder with restrictor.
- Safety release standard on all units.
- Transport lock bar secures cutting bar for
transportation to and from field.
- Transport blade guard standard.
- Equipped with cylinder stop to raise cutting bar using tractor’s
- Ideal for mowing around lakes, ponds, set-aside, conservation
acreage and ditch banks.
- Delivered with extra cutting blade.
- Heavy duty shielded pto shaft (1 3/8″ ASAE cat. 4).
- Will mow 90° up and 55° down.
|Model||HP||Hitch||Working width||Overall width||Weight lbs||Ship lbs||Working speed mph||Lift|
Driveline 1 3/8"
|BSB-272||20-75||Cat. 1 & 2|
|628||717||9||Hydraulic||ASAE cat. 4|
|BSB-284||20-75||Cat. 1 & 2|
|650||750||9||Hydraulic||ASAE cat. 4|
|BSB-296||20-75||Cat. 1 & 2|
|672||782||9||Hydraulic||ASAE cat. 4|
WARNING: When using a quick hitch on a PTO driven implement, always ensure there is proper overlap prior to use. If there is not the minimum 6″ overlap, do not use. Contact your dealer to purchase a longer driveline.
Heavy duty bolt-on serrated tooth sections
BEFCO is the only manufacturer to use heavy duty bolt-on serrated tooth sections. These sections are not only stronger that the competition but also feature 2″ spacing between each tooth (most competitors have 3″ spacing). The reduced spacing makes it harder for rocks to get wedged between the blades resulting in fewer failures to the cutting bar.
Hydraulic cylinder with cutting bar raise lock.
All BEFCO sickle bars are delivered with a single action hydraulic cylinder to raise and lower the cutting bar. Cylinders are equipped with a flow adjustment valve that allows operator to adjust the speed at which the cutting bar is lowered. Cutting bar raise lock at the end of cylinder allows operator to raise the cutting bar, using the tractor hydraulic remote and turn around so that end of field maneuvers can be carried out without ever having to raise the three point hitch.