The Factory Manager’s responsibilities include ordering, scheduling, building and equipment maintenance as needed, regularly walking the factory floor to monitor the performance of factory staff, and ensuring that all production orders are completed in a timely manner. Factory Manager needs to be able to enforce compliance with health and safety regulations to prevent accidents and injuries.
To be successful as a factory manager, you should demonstrate outstanding problem-solving skills and resolve any issues that may derail production. Ultimately, a top-performing factory manager should have exceptional communication, management, and leadership skills to ensure that factory operations run smoothly.
- Screening, recruiting and training new factory workers.
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Developing and implementing innovative strategies to streamline factory operations.
- Collaborating with quality control managers to establish and execute quality control processes.
- Ensuring that factory machinery is in good working order.
- Analyzing production data to identify and resolve any production issues.
- Preparing production reports and submitting them to key decision-makers.
- Regularly inspecting finished products to determine whether they meet established quality standards.
- Motivating factory workers to continually achieve factory targets.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Adequate knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software (especially Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
Employee must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed.
Since 1980 BEFCO has developed, tested, manufactured and improved lawn and ground care attachments right here in Rocky Mount – NC.
BEFCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.