BEFCO is currently hiring one or more industrial painters for full-time or part-time positions to assist with the preparation, blasting, priming and painting of machinery at its facility in Rocky Mount NC.
Industrial painters are responsible for prepping the substrate with compressed air in order to clean surface from any remaining media from the shot blasting. Before applying paints on the designated surfaces, the industrial painter is responsible for preparing the paint or primer to be used. They may utilize equipment such as viscosity cups and thickness gauges to verify the makeup of the paint and mix the paint to specification. When all is ready the Industrial painter will paint evenly all surfaces making sure to avoid both under-spray and over-spray. Industrial painters are also required to perform cleaning and maintenance of equipment and work area.
The work description also entails prioritizing work in order as needed, guaranteeing their own safety on the job by utilizing special safety equipment such as self-contained suits or protective eyewear.
- Prior experience in painting and understanding mixing and spraying techniques and experience with sanding / shotplasting.
- Ability to handle physical requirements, including, but not limited to, lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to utilize instrumentation to measure painting parameters to ensure compliance with OEM specificationss
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean and safe work environment and observe good safety habits
- Adhere to all OSHA procedures with respect to the storage and handling of materials in the area
Weekdays 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (30 minute lunch).
Employee must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed.
Since 1980 BEFCO has developed, tested, manufactured and improved lawn and ground care attachments right here in Rocky Mount – NC.
BEFCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.