LASER OPERATOR / PROGRAMMER
BEFCO is currently hiring a laser operator / programmer for full-time positions in Rocky Mount NC.
Laser operators are responsible for set-up and operation of Amada laser cutting machine. Candidate must be capable to perform machine setup, including: program retrieval, proper gases, proper nozzles, and correct material selection. Understands start-up and shut down for laser machines, is able to diagnose machining problems while performing jobs, making modifications as needed. Can perform laser cutting operations efficiently and effectively, per specifications. Is able to check quality of product machined and notify supervisor of process issues. Operates and navigates in a windows based computer environment. Can program nesting software to maximize product/material usage. Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations. Performs operator maintenance and clean-up of machine and work area.
- Analytical thinking – Laser operators use analytical skills to monitor work processes and inspect various types of metal.
- Mathematics – Laser operators use math skills to read and interpret blueprints that contain precise measurements and to make the calculations necessary to shape metal to match these specific designs.
- Physical fitness – Laser operators work with their hands, lifting and handling large pieces of metal.
- Communication skills – Laser operators use verbal communication skills to communicate with the engineering department on how to improve the manufacturing process.
- Measuring – Laser operators work with multiple measuring tools and make precise measurements using metric and standard measuring systems.
- Time management – Laser operators use time management skills to work within tight deadlines and complete tasks in the most efficient way.
- Computer skills – Laser operators need to be able to program the laser. Therefore, computer skills are required.
Weekdays 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (30 minute lunch).
Employee must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed.
Since 1980 BEFCO has developed, tested, manufactured and improved lawn and ground care attachments right here in Rocky Mount – NC.
BEFCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.