BEFCO is hiring a full-time Mechanical engineer to assist in our engineering dept.
The mechanical engineer will assist in the design process to improve existing equipment and design new equipment using Autodesk® Inventor® software. Mechanical engineers are responsible for product testing, making and maintaining bill of materials, utilizing nesting software, attending trade shows, negotiating with suppliers and ordering raw materials and components.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field
- 2-5 years of experience working in engineering
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts, and experience desiging mechanical systems and products
- Excellent math skills: ability to apply advanced mathematical principles and statistics to solve problems
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks®, Autodesk® AutoCAD® and Inventor®, or similar
- Exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker
- Excellent knowledge of computers and Microsoft® Office® software (especially Excel)
Weekdays 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (1 hour lunch).
Employee must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed.
Since 1980 BEFCO has developed, tested, manufactured and improved lawn and ground care attachments right here in Rocky Mount – NC.
BEFCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.