METAL FABRICATOR Supervisor
BEFCO is currently hiring a metal fabricator supervisor for full-time positions in Rocky Mount NC.
The primary role of this position is to supervise and training of CNC operators, fabricators and welders. Program, troubleshoot and set-up lasers, brake presses, punch presses, shears and plasma burners. Recommend and implement improvements to design process, methods and controls. Perform product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and job efficiency. The metal fabricator supervisor is also responsible for job scheduling, inventory control, safety, cleanliness and organization of area of responsibility.
- Technical drawings – Knowledge of blue print reading. Knowledge of Autodesk® AutoCAD® package is preferred.
- Analytical thinking – Metal fabricators use analytical skills to monitor work processes and inspect various types of metal.
- Mathematics – Ability to perform engineering calculations related to machinery. Use math skills to read and interpret blueprints that contain precise measurements and to make the calculations necessary to shape metal to match these specific designs.
- Communication skills – Metal fabricator supervisors use verbal communication skills to communicate with the engineering department and with all other employees involved in fabrication.
- Proficient with welding equipment, CNC lasers, punch presses, hydraulic brake presses, shears, plasma tables and more.
Weekdays 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (30 minute lunch).
Employee must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed.
Since 1980 BEFCO has developed, tested, manufactured and improved lawn and ground care attachments right here in Rocky Mount – NC.
BEFCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.