BEFCO is currently hiring one or more metal fabricators for full-time positions in Rocky Mount NC.
The primary role of the metal fabricator is to set up and operate press brakes and punch presses to shape metal to exacting specifications and following precise calculations. Metal fabricators are often cross trained to operate other industrial machinery in the factory such as, shears, lasers and plasma’s. Fabricators are required to be able to lift weights up to 60 lbs.
- Physical fitness – Metal fabricators work with their hands, lifting and handling large pieces of metal.
- Analytical thinking – Metal fabricators use analytical skills to monitor work processes and inspect various types of metal.
- Mathematics – Metal fabricators use math skills to read and interpret blueprints that contain precise measurements and to make the calculations necessary to shape metal to match these specific designs.
- Communication skills – Metal fabricators use verbal communication skills to communicate with the engineering department on how to improve the manufacturing process.
- Measuring – Metal fabricators work with multiple measuring tools and make precise measurements using metric and standard measuring systems.
- Time management – Metal fabricators use time management skills to work within tight deadlines and complete tasks in the most efficient way.
- Computer skills – Metal fabricators need to be able to program press brakes. Therefore, some basic computer skills are required.
Weekdays 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (30 minute lunch).
Employee must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed.
Since 1980 BEFCO has developed, tested, manufactured and improved lawn and ground care attachments right here in Rocky Mount – NC.
BEFCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.