- Job: Transportation & Logistics
- Occupational category: 11-3071
The Shipping Manager is responsible for using software to track, check, prioritize and route orders. Manage all important documents such as advanced shipping notice, pick slips, bills of lading etc. Direct the flow of packages from preparation to shipment. Inspect labels, barcodes and other features of completed orders. Supervise and lead subordinates (receiving clerks, order pickers etc.). Collaborate with warehouse, purchasing and other managers to optimize processes. Resolve issues regarding shipped orders.
The Shipping Manager is also responsible for maintaining physical condition of the warehouse, dock, vehicles, and equipment and initiate appropriate actions to remedy unsatisfactory findings. Finally, the Shipping Manager will also communicate with clients and freight carriers, answer questions about shipments, relay shipping updates.
- Proven experience as shipping manager
- Solid knowledge of logistics procedures
- Experience in using EDI and preparing shipping documents
- Excellent knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software (especially Excel)
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Experience in directing and evaluating subordinates
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in supply chain, logistics or relative field is a definite plus
Employee must be able to work overtime and Saturdays when needed.
Since 1980 BEFCO has developed, tested, manufactured and improved lawn and ground care attachments right here in Rocky Mount – NC.
BEFCO is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.